Sunday, January 11, 2015

Introduction!

For my first post I thought I'd post my lifting schedule. I cannibalized 3-4 different plans to come up with the best one for me. It's probably not the  most efficient plan for building muscle, but it includes all the things I like (heavy lifting days, lighter lifting days, HIIT/weights cardio) and covers all the bases (the big three lifts, vertical/horizontal push/pulls, exercises for focusing on weaknesses). while keeping the workouts fairly short (from an hour to an hour and a half) and keeping me moving almost every day. I'm posting this not because I want any comments or suggestions (so please keep those to yourself) but because I want to share what I'm doing! So here it is:

Day 1
Heavy triple Back Squat
Light 5s Bench
Bent over Row

Day 2
Light 5s Deadlift
Over Head Press
Lat pull down/farmer carries

Day 3
Heavy triple Rack pulls/deads
Front Squats
Push ups/burpees/farmer carries

Day 4
HIIT
Sprint intervals

Day 5
Heavy Triple Bench
Light 5s Back Squats

HIIT

'Light 5s' means 3 sets of 5 at 70% ish of my 1RM, and heavy triples means working up to a heavy triple of that lift, probably closer to 80-90% of my 1RM. HIIT stands for 'High Intensity Interval Training' which could be tabata rounds or a crossfit WOD or treadmill sprints, depending on what I've already done that week and what I feel like then.

No comments:

Post a Comment